|Version 106 (modified by 7 years ago) ( diff ),|
2012/11/27 Matreshka 0.4.0 Released
We are pleased to announce new major release of Matreshka. See Release Notes for more information.
2012/11/22 Matreshka reach 1M SLOC of Ada
According to Ohloh, Matreshka has reached 1 million SLOC of Ada code in October 2012.
2012/07/14 Matreshka Community Forum Launched
New support channel is available for Matreshka users now.
2012/01/11 Matreshka in Gentoo Linux
Users of Gentoo Linux can use overlay to install latest version of Matreshka.
Welcome to Matreshka project
Matreshka is Ada framework to develop information systems. It includes:
- League - support for localization, internationalization and globalization; and access to operating system's services; including:
- unbounded form of string of Unicode characters; cursors to iterate other characters and grapheme clusters; advanced locale tailored operations such as case conversion, case folding, collation, normalization;
- calendars and calendrical calculations;
- regular expression engine with Perl-style syntax and Unicode extensions;
- text codec to convert data streams into/from internal representation;
- message translator to translate messages into natural language which is selected by user;
- persistent application settings to manage application settings, supports INI files and Windows Registry;
- access to command line arguments and environment variables as Unicode encoded strings;
- internationalized URI/URL/URN manipulation;
- JSON support.
- XML processor --- provides capability to manipulate with XML streams and documents; including:
- Web framework
- FastCGI module allows to develop server side applications completely in Ada and use them with standard HTTP servers (demo).
- SOAP module provides implementation of SOAP 1.2 protocol specification and allows to develop Web Services on Ada 0.4. Is includes implementation of some standard services:
- WS-Security module provides Web Service Security: SOAP Message Security 1.1 (WS-Security 2004) and Web Service Security: Username Token Profile 1.1;
- WSDL to Ada translator.
- SQL database access provides simple generic API to access to SQL databases. Supported databases:
- MySQL is the world's most popular open source database software 0.5;
- Oracle is a well known commercial database management system;
- PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system;
- SQLite3 is a in-process library that implements a self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine;
- Firebird is a relational database offering many ANSI SQL standard features that runs on Linux, Windows, and a variety of Unix platforms.
- Ada Modeling Framework provides implementation of OMG's Meta Object Facility (MOF) written completely in Ada. Extension modules is provided to analyze/modify:
Large number of specifications are used and are supported, see Specifications for complete information about conformance to specifications.
Matreshka is distributed under three-clause BSD license.
Matreshka is available in both source code and binary packages form for some operating system. See Download for more information.
There are several articles at Ada-Ru Community site available, they are written in Russian and translated to English automatically.
Commercial support of Matreshka is provided by Vadim Godunko, IE. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Developers of open source software can use several community based support channels:
- Matreshka Community Forum is most recommended channel
- Matreshka-Users mailing list
Matreshka Community Forum is the best source to find answers and to discuss Matreshka.
You can ask questions on #ada channel on FreeNode network. Russian speaking people can use XMPP conference room
Applications using Matreshka
- Ada XMPP implementation of XMPP protocol in Ada
- AXE next generation of web-engine for Ada-Ru site
- QtAda 4 generation of QtAda binding uses Ada Modeling Framework of Matreshka
Modules below are in development or waiting for volunteers. Don't hesitate to contact us if you want to participate!