2013/09/19 Matreshka 0.5.1 Released
2013/08/30 More projects uses Matreshka
ActForex, Inc. uses Matreshka to develop server side software of next generation of ActForex Trading Platform.
2013/08/14 Tips & Tricks: GDB support
Now it's easy to print contents of universal string in GDB. Just edit your ~/.gdbinit by adding this line (correct this for your env):
And now you can just print your strings:
(gdb) print NT.name $2 = "Array_Component_Choices"
2013/05/23 Matreshka 0.5.0 Released
2013/04/14 JSON support
Added support for JSON - a lightweight data interchange format. Complete API lets you read, write and process JSON data easily.
2012/11/22 Matreshka reach 1M SLOC of Ada
According to Ohloh, Matreshka has reached 1 million SLOC of Ada code in October 2012.
2012/07/14 Matreshka Community Forum Launched
New support channel is available for Matreshka users now.
Welcome to Matreshka project
Matreshka is Ada framework to develop information systems. It includes:
- League - a rich set of reusable core components to develop Ada applications. Its main purpose is to provide a high level abstraction tool for localization, internationalization and globalization of applications, as well as a portable interface to different operating systems. It contains many other useful features, among them advanced calendrical calculations, regular expressions, and JSON 0.5 support to process and generate data in JSON format;
- XML processor - provides the capability of manipulating XML streams and documents; including:
- SAX reader to read XML streams and documents; it supports XML1.0 (Fifth Edition), XML1.1 (Second Edition), Namespaces in XML and XML Base specifications;
- SAX writer to generate XML streams and documents from application;
- XML Catalogs resolver;
- Markup Templates Engine to process XML templates and generates XML or HTML/XHTML output 0.6.
- Web framework
- the FastCGI module assists with developing server side applications completely in Ada and using them with standard HTTP servers. (demo).
- the SOAP module provides implementation of SOAP 1.2 protocol specification and assists in developing Web Services in Ada. This module includes implementation of standard security services: The WS-Security module provides SOAP message Security 1.1 (WS-Security 2004) and Web Service security: Username Token Profile 1.1.
- WSDL to Ada translator.
- SQL database access provides a simple generic API for accessing SQL databases. Supported databases include:
- MySQL is the world's most popular open source database software 0.5;
- Oracle is a well known commercial database management system;
- PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system;
- SQLite3 is a in-process library that implements a self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine;
- Firebird is a relational database offering many ANSI SQL standard features that runs on Linux, Windows, and a variety of Unix platforms.
- Ada Modeling Framework provides implementation of OMG's Meta Object Facility (MOF) written completely in Ada. Extension modules are provided to assist in the analysis and modification of:
- UML models and their extensions:
- MOF Extensions to support metamodeling
- OCL models
- UML Testing Profile to support Model-Driven Testing
- Diagram Definition
- UML models and their extensions:
Large number of specifications are used and are supported, see Specifications for complete information about conformance to specifications.
Matreshka is distributed under three-clause BSD license.
Matreshka is available in both source code and binary packages form for some operating system. See Download for more information.
There are several articles at Ada-Ru Community site available, they are written in Russian and translated to English automatically.
Commercial support of Matreshka is provided by Vadim Godunko, IE. Please contact us email@example.com if you have questions.
Developers of open source software can use several community based support channels:
- Matreshka Community Forum is most recommended channel
- Matreshka-Users mailing list
Matreshka Community Forum is the best source to find answers and to discuss Matreshka.
You can ask questions on #ada channel on FreeNode network. Russian speaking people can use XMPP conference room firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications using Matreshka
- ActForex, Inc. uses Matreshka to develop server side software of next generation of ActForex Trading Platform.
Open Source Projects
- Ada XMPP implementation of XMPP protocol in Ada
- AXE next generation of web-engine for Ada-Ru site
- QtAda 4 generation of QtAda binding uses Ada Modeling Framework of Matreshka
Modules below are in development or waiting for volunteers. Don't hesitate to contact us if you want to participate!